Cabinet of Ministers
2017 “of July 19,
State Committee for Forestry of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Chapter 1. General rules
1. This Regulation defines the status, main tasks and functions, rights and responsibilities of the State Committee for Forestry of the Republic of Uzbekistan (hereinafter referred to as the Committee), as well as the organization of their activities.
2. The Committee shall provide for the establishment, reproduction, reproduction, protection and use of forests, their rational use, as well as forestry,
is a state administration body that carries out a unified state policy in the organization and management of hunting, nature protection, national parks and other protected natural areas.
3. The Committee is subordinate to the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan
4. The Forestry Committee of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, the Forestry Department of the Republic of Karakalpakstan (hereinafter referred to as Territorial Departments), the Forestry Research Institute, the State Reserves, the National Parks and Hunting Management, the State Unitary Enterprise Ormonloyiha and the Shifobahsh Drug cultivation of plants
and the Center for Reproduction of Forests and Medicinal Plants, as well as other organizations of the Committee’s Committees (hereinafter referred to as the Committee Committees) constitute the unified system of the State Forestry Committee.
5. The Committee is guided by the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan
and laws of the Republic of Uzbekistan, resolutions of the chambers of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan, decrees and resolutions of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan
resolutions and ordinances of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan, this Statute, and other legislative acts.
6. The Committee carries out its activities in cooperation with state and economic management bodies, law enforcement bodies, local authorities, non-governmental non-profit organizations, foreign and international organizations and other organizations.
7. The decisions adopted by the Committee within the limits of its competence and having normative-legal character are obligatory for execution by the economic entities and the citizens, irrespective of organizational and legal form of bodies of the state and economic management, bodies of the state power and management.
8. The Committee is a legal entity and has the image of the State Emblem of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the seals and forms bearing its name, its independent balance, the Treasury of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the bank, including foreign currency accounts.
9. Place of the Committee (postal address): 8-21 Katotol Street, Chilanzar district, Tashkent, 100113.
10. The official name of the Committee:
a) full name in Uzbek – State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan for Forestry, abbreviated – OSL
b) The full name in Russian: – Государственный Комитет Республики Узбекистан по Лесному Хозяйству, shortened -LX;
c) full name in English: -State Committee of Forestry of the Republic of Uzbekistan, abbreviated -CF
Chapter 2. Functions and functions of the Committee
10. The main tasks of the Committee are:
maintaining a unified state policy in the forestry sector aimed at the comprehensive expansion of forest resources and their rational use;
to develop proposals for the improvement of forest legislation and to control practical implementation of them;
organization of effective management of forest resources and protected natural areas, establishment, restoration, conservation, protection of forests, rational and efficient use of forests;
development and implementation of measures for restoring and retaining forests in our country, organization of work on construction of erosion plantations on mountain slopes, ravines and deserted lands;
study of forest resources, fauna and flora and their strict accounting, achievements in forest management
and introduction of advanced experience;
protection of forests from fires, pests and diseases, illegal logging and other violations of forest legislation;
certification of seedlings and seeds of ornamental plants
and the development and implementation of a single standardization system;
expansion and development of interconnected economic activities in forestry, planting of seedlings, harvesting of medicinal plants, production of bee-keeping, fishing, livestock products and their deep processing, organization of production of consumer goods;ttraction of grants of international financial institutions to the network and wide-scale development of ecological tourism;
Organization of training, retraining and advanced training of specialists with secondary special and higher education in the forestry sector.
11. The Committee shall carry out the following functions in accordance with the fundamental tasks assigned to it:
a) in the sphere of conducting the unified state policy in the field of forestry aimed at the comprehensive expansion and rational use of forest resources:
development of the area of expansion, restoration, protection and use of forestry by means of forestry
and implementing public administration in the area of efficiency improvement;
Predictability of future planned activity of the Committee and other protected areas, including development of state and local development programs and schemes along with relevant ministries, state committees and departments, the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Karakalpakstan and provincial governors;
Approval of regulations of the central office and divisions of the Committee, territorial departments and the Republican organizations included in the Committee’s system in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation;
Taking measures to ensure that accountability and reporting are maintained in the Committee’s system, as well as to ensure property registration, registration and accountability, and recovery of material damage;
Review, generalization of accounting reports, balances of the Committees of the Committee, preparation of consolidated balances and submission of them to the relevant bodies;
co-operation and co-operation with the militarized structures to ensure the inviolability of the frontier territories of forest protection through its subordinate structures;
to take measures to ensure the security of the border areas of the subordinate farms, to develop proposals for reliable protection and protection of the territory;
carrying out border control and protective measures, as well as cleaning and forestation of forest trees and jungles on the proposal of the State Border Guard Committee of the National Security Service of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
inform the Border Troops of the National Security Service of the Republic of Uzbekistan about the signs and facts of crime in the interaction with the units of the militarized structures on the territory of the Forest Fund, to conduct efficient operational search activities on elimination of regime-related inconveniences;
organization of reception of citizens, maintenance of consideration of petitions of physical and legal persons in the order established by the legislation;
the release of newspapers and magazines on the activities of the committees, the issuance of appropriate permits, forms, the relevant books, bulletins
publishing and publishing web sites;
b) in the area of practical control over the elaboration and follow-up of proposals for the improvement of forest legislation:
Development and submission of draft laws to the Cabinet of Ministers in the field of protection, rational use of forests, flora and fauna, regulation and use of forestry and other protected natural areas;
to include in the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan proposals on definition of categories of forests and their transfer from one category to another;
defining and approving volumes of crops for the care or intended use of trees and shrubs in the forest fund;
Observance of the regime established on the territory of the Forest Fund included into the Committee’s system, carrying out departmental supervision over the implementation of normative-legal acts and hunting rules in the field of protection and use of flora and fauna;
Development of proposals on determination of the amount of remuneration for livestock grazing on pasture lands, placement of their pastures and other kinds of use of forest resources
and submit it to the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan in accordance with the established procedure;
c) organization of effective management of forest resources and protected natural areas, in the sphere of forest-building, rehabilitation, conservation, protection and rational use of forests:
Develop and monitor project implementation activities, covering the current and prospective actions for the Committee and the protected natural territories.